Saturdays at 1pm on WUFT-TV5
Hank and Gary usually close the show by telling you to "come by the office"
to pick up more information about the show's featured topic. What they don't
mention is that the same publications (and a lot more) are available over the Internet —
just follow the links below.
Archive of recent shows' topics:
- September 26, 1998: Shade-tolerant landscape plants
- September 19, 1998: Lawn problems in North Florida
- September 12, 1998: Gardening with native plants
- September 5, 1998: Muscadine grapes
- August 29, 1998: Ferns for North Central Florida
- August 1, 1998: Poisonous plants
- July 25, 1998: Flowering perennials for North Florida
- July 18, 1998: Groundcovers for North Florida
- July 11, 1998: Palms for North Florida
- July 4, 1998: Bunch grapes
- June 27, 1998: Crape myrtles
- June 20, 1998: Pruning your spring-flowering trees and shrubs
- June 13, 1998: Harvesting blueberries,
cantaloupes & watermelons
- June 6, 1998: Hot peppers
Co-host Gary Brinen is the horticulture extension agent for the Alachua County Cooperative Extension Service (CES).
You can find out more about the extension service from these websites:
And you can get more of Gary's advice on lawns and gardening from these sites:
On the show, Gary frequently makes field trips to visit
growers who sell directly to consumers.
If you have questions, suggestions for topics, or comments on the show, you may
call producer Bob Estes at (352) 392-5551 ext 161, or e-mail him at
If you have pictures of noteworthy gardens, beautiful flowers, or outstanding vegetables you
or someone you know has grown, please send them to Florida Weekend Gardener. The address is
Florida Weekend Gardener
G206 Weimer Hall
Gainesville, FL 32611
Questions or comments about anything on this page?
Then don't beat around the bush —
leaf us a message.
Copyright © 1998 by Southern Gardening